The Best Start
Young learners deserve the best start we can give them. Research evidence suggests that children who are exposed to Davis methods in the classroom at age 5 – 8 benefit in the following ways:
- They are highly unlikely to develop a learning difficulty.
- They are significantly more likely to excel academically.
- Their basic word recognition will be among the highest levels expected for their age group.
The Davis Reading Programme for Young Learners is an individualised learning enhancement programme with a licensed and trained Davis Facilitator. Its mission is to give children aged 5-7 the best possible start at the outset of their learning career. Its aims are:
- to provide lifelong learning skills to younger children through a partnership between Facilitator, child and parent(s)
- to give one or both of the child’s parents, or a support person, sufficient confidence and skill to continue working with the Davis Young Learner’s Kit after the Programme
- to provide children with the conceptual skills needed to develop reading fluency and comprehension.
The Davis Reading Programme for Young Learners provides important tools to beginning readers. Through the unique partnership philosophy of the programme, parents or other family members gain the skills needed to provide the child with ongoing quality support.
Typically, the Facilitator will schedule 25-30 hours of time with the student; at least half or more of the programme time will also include the parent or support person participating in helping the child with the new skills and techniques.
As part of the programme, students will always receive the Davis Young Learner Kit for Home Use, to be used at home to follow up with the programme.
Email us or call: 08000 27 26 57 for a free consultation.